Camp Fire First Texas is proud to announce the appointment of eight distinguished individuals to its Board of Directors during the recent January 25 board meeting. These new members bring a wealth of expertise and passion to the organization, furthering Camp Fire’s vision to build a community where every child has equitable access to the learning opportunities they need to succeed and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The newly appointed Board of Directors for 2024 includes:
- Rachel Arellano, District Director for Councilwoman Jeanette Martinez, City of Fort Worth
- Joshua Cottle, VP of Sales & Marketing, WL Plastics, LLC
- Simeon Henderson, CEO & Founder, Stable Foundation Home Improvement
- Isa Peña-Keller, Human Capital Principal, Lockheed Martin
- Shane Mudge, Assistant Director, Network Control Systems (NCS), BNSF Railway
- Vanna Ngo, District & Legislative Director, Texas House of Representatives
- Laura Power, Pediatric Physician, Lakeside Physicians
- Trudy Sanders, Retired Community Leader
“We are thrilled to welcome these outstanding individuals to our Board of Directors,” said Lisa Mares, Chairman of the Board for Camp Fire First Texas. “Their diverse backgrounds and dedication to our community will undoubtedly strengthen our organization as we continue to serve youth across North Texas.”
Alongside the appointment of new board members, Camp Fire First Texas also announced its Executive Committee for the new term:
- Chairman: Lisa Mares, City of Dallas, Section Chief, Economic and Community Development, General Counsel Division
- Vice Chair of Administration: Jay Jackson, Senior Manager, AMM Political Strategies
- Vice Chair of Financial Development: Clay Hooper, Manager, Customer Experience Automation, American Airlines
- Vice Chair of Planning: Michelle Crim, President, Dynamic Development Strategies
- Treasurer: Jason M. McMillan, Executive Director, J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Secretary: Will Jung, Vice President, Commercial Banking, Bank of Texas
Michelle Crim receives Chairman’s Award 2023 from Lisa Mares, Camp Fire First Texas Board Chairman
- Additionally, returning members-at-large to the Executive Committee are Teresa Ayala, Dr. Christi Buell, Kimberly D’Avignon, Erma E. Lee, Dr. Mayra Olivares-Urueta, Miranda Plusnick, and Drew Ruiz.
During the meeting, Lisa Mares also presented Michelle Crim with the prestigious 2023 Chairman’s Award, recognizing her exceptional dedication and service to Camp Fire First Texas. Crim, who has been a board member since 2022, is the President of Dynamic Development Strategies.
Camp Fire First Texas is led by President & CEO Brian Miller, who expressed gratitude for the ongoing commitment of the board and the organization’s dedicated supporters.
Camp Fire invests in North Texas communities by providing out-of-school time and outdoor learning programs for children and youth while also offering workforce development programs for early childhood educators. Learn more about Camp Fire First Texas and its programs.
# # #
About Camp Fire First Texas
Camp Fire First Texas invests in North Texas communities by providing out-of-school time and outdoor learning programs for children and youth while also offering workforce development programs for the educators who care for them.
Our programs stand out as they are uniquely focused on the two periods of greatest brain growth and development: early childhood and early adolescence; leverage the impact of the outdoor environment on the brain to educate and connect children to each other and the world around them; and maintain a continuous improvement loop to maximize community impact.
Camp Fire believes in the dignity and the intrinsic worth of every human being. We strive to create safe and inclusive environments that celebrate diversity and foster positive relationships.