Early Education Apprenticeship Program
The Early Education Apprenticeship Program (EEAP) is an educational and career pathway building program. The first U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship program for early educators in the State of Texas, the EEAP includes paid on-the-job-learning, coupled with educational courses and one-on-one coaching in the classroom from a Camp Fire mentor.
Other benefits include wage increases, stipends that recognize milestones, and earning up to 21+ hours of college credit. Completion of the EEAP requires 4,000 hours (2 years of employment) of on-the-job learning, completed at an approved place of employment, and 288 hours of coursework. Some prior work experience and course hours will be accepted in substitute for EEAP requirements.
Camp Fire is now accepting inquiries for interested Texas Rising Star quality rated sites, nationally accredited sites and interested child care teachers in Tarrant County. Applications for apprenticeships will open beginning in January 2020. The inaugural EEAP group begins in August 2020.
• Increase retention and recruitment
• "Grow your own" highly skilled team
• Improve quality
• Maintain Texas Rising Star certification or national accreditation
• Earn director support stipend
Become an Employer partner site. Contact us for details and benefits.
• Earn non-expiring Child Care Development Specialist Certificate
• Become eligible for college credit options
• Earn and learn; wage steps and stipends
• Expand career options
• Elevate professional value
See if you’re eligible to apply for an apprenticeship!
Duration of the Program & Eligibility
The Early Education Apprenticeship Program is a two-year program that combines on-the-job learning, professional development, and one-on-one mentoring and coaching.
Camp Fire First Texas Early Education Apprenticeship Program (EEAP) is offered in partnership with: Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County, Tarrant County College, Tarleton State University and T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Texas.
The Camp Fire First Texas Early Education Apprenticeship Program (EEAP) is a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship. This program is a career pathway for the passionate early educator who is:
• college ready and wants to earn college credit while also earning a living wage,
• not yet college ready but needs the support and resources to become college ready, or
• desires an alternative to college.
Complete the Apprenticeship Interest Form and be contacted about eligibility, benefits and more.