2020 IMPORTANT DATES
• Artists’ submission deadline: EXTENDED to August 12
• New artists’ acceptance notification: August 28
• Delivery of accepted work: August 31 – September 11
• Artists’ Awards Announcement/Reception: To be announced
• Gala and Art Auction: Friday, November 13, 6-11 p.m.
SELECTED ARTISTS’ BENEFITS
• More than $10,000 in cash awards including:
• Best of Show $1,500
• First Place $1,000, and
• Second Place $500 in each category.
• Two (2) complimentary tickets to the gala ($550 value)
• Recognition at An Artists’ Christmas Art Auction and Gala and Artists’ Reception.
• Recognition in the event catalog, on the event invitation and on the Camp Fire website
• Artists will be tagged on Camp Fire’s website and social media as part of online bidding, the art preview, art exhibition and gala.
• Only original artwork conceived and created by the entrant will be considered.
• Camp Fire reserves the right to return material that is not representative of its mission to serve youth, or that is unsuitable for exhibition and auction. We do not accept artwork that includes nudity, violence or subject matter of a sexual nature.
• Original two and three-dimensional works in all traditional and non-traditional media are eligible in the categories listed, except for video.
• Each piece submitted must be limited to no more than 42” horizontally or vertically (in total, including frame) and under 50 pounds. (Except those submitted for the Lagniappe Award.)
• Entries will be judged based on the submitted digital images.
• Exhibit space is limited; the limits on size will be strictly observed.
• All artwork will be evaluated on quality and originality.
• Returning artists will be accepted for the juried show as long as eligibility, size limitations and submission and delivery deadlines are followed.
• New artists will receive notification by August 28 whether their entry has been accepted for the juried show.
Submission of an entry to this exhibition constitutes an agreement by the entrant to the conditions set forth in this document and for the reproduction of the work for all publicity purposes connected with An Artists’ Christmas. Camp Fire reserves the right to install accepted works in any manner deemed necessary for exhibition quality or security reasons.
Camp Fire First Texas assumes ownership of donated artwork until auctioned or sold unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both Camp Fire and the artist.
• To be considered, only digital images of the artwork will be accepted.
• Digital images should be either mailed on a CD or USB drive, or submitted online at CampFireFW.org.
• File must be saved as a high-resolution JPEG (at least 4” wide at 300 dpi).
• Camp Fire is not responsible for the loss, damage, or return of any disks or USB drives submitted.
• Each entry must include an entry form and should be received by August 12, 2020.
• Artists may submit up to three works for consideration.