Wednesday, January 26
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Recruiting and hiring your staff is key as a director. If you are new to this practice or find the candidates you are hiring are not “working out,” this class covers the continuum from writing an effective job description through interviewing to pre-service and orientation. Together we will examine top strategies for recruiting, screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates. It will also cover writing effective job descriptions and how to implement effective, ethical, and lawful employment practices.
By the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Know how to write job descriptions
- Examine strategies when recruiting, screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates
- Understand recruiting and interviewing strategies and hiring procedures
- Design and recommend a phased orientation of new employees
- Know what topics should be included in pre-service training