Wednesday, January 12
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
You can learn the skills to be a leader in the early childhood space. Learn the different leadership styles and the competencies required for effective leadership, practice decision making, and how high-quality child care is defined. This session provides both future and current center directors with the knowledge required to lead a high-quality child care program and grow a robust set of skills to put the knowledge into action.
By the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Define components of high-quality child care
- Identify and describe 3 skills and competencies required for effective leadership
- Identify your leadership style.
- Understand the importance of a compelling program vision and mission statement, practice writing mission and vision for your center, and be able to discuss 3 ways to implement at your center.
- Learn and practice skills for decision making