8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Pam Rinn, Ph.D., CFLE, IMH-E® (IV) Mentor
6 clock hours/CPE credits
Positive Connections- Part 1 and Part 2
Camp Fire Resource Center- North Fort Worth
You’ve seen it in your classroom. When a child’s brain state is unregulated, they will act in a way to get their needs met. This is not always done in a way that is appropriate for the classroom or healthy for a child’s development. You have the power to lay a path for new connections with positive intent, empathy and connecting rituals. Learn unique, but practical strategies during one or both of this two-part series.
September 15, 2018- Part 1
• Lay the groundwork forpositive connections
• Identify how brain states,temperament and sevensenses contribute toconnections
• Practice strategies forpromoting a safe and calmlearning environment
September 29, 2018 - Part 2
• Discover the importanceof emotional competencyand positive connections
• Practice activities thatpromote emotionalregulation and impulsecontrol
• Explore how societalfactors influenceexpectations andbehaviorsChoose
Register now for Part 1, 2 or both! Attendance at both sessions is not mandatory.
»» Meets licensing standard:746.1309(c)(4) Teacher-child interaction, (c)(2)guidance, and discipline
»» CDA Subject areas: 3 and 8
»» Texas Rising Star Category 2: Caregiver—Child Interactions
»» Core Competency Area 2: Responsive interactions and Guidance
Fee: $50 per person/persession
At the door: $60 per person-space permitting
There is a one hour lunch break on your own.
LOCATION Map It