Camp Fire An Artists’ Christmas CALL FOR ART ENTRIES
Entry DEADLINE: August 5, 2020
Camp Fire First Texas is now accepting art entries for the 36th An Artists’ Christmas Art Auction and Gala to be held on Friday, November 13, 2020 at the Fort Worth Convention Center Ballroom. We respectfully request your support by submitting an original piece of artwork for donation to benefit the youth of our community.
Artists’ support is more important than ever to the success of An Artists’ Christmas. Since 1984, more than $4 million in proceeds from this event have funded Camp Fire programs, helping more than 23,000 children and youth annually.
This juried show offers more than $10,000 in prizes for artists in the categories listed below.
We are honoring all artists who have donated their work to the event in the past, by accepting your 2020 art donation upon submission. Submissions from artists who have not donated in the past will be judged on quality and originality by a committee of artists and art enthusiasts to be accepted into the show. We have added the Lagniappe (“small gift”) Award for artists who also submit a small 12” x 12” work.
We recognize that the current pandemic has been an especially difficult time for artists, and want you to know how very much we appreciate your willingness to give your time and talent to support Camp Fire programs for children and youth in our community. To that end, Camp Fire First Texas will donate to EASL, Emergency Artist Support League, in your honor.
Marie and Brandon Chase, An Artists’ Christmas 2020 General Chairs
Adelaide Leavens, An Artists’ Christmas 2020 Honor Chair
• Painting – Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor
• Fiber – Textiles, Wall, Basketry, Weavings
• 3-Dimensional Artwork
• Printmaking/Drawing – Pastels, Pen and Ink, Pencil, Charcoal
** Multi-media art-please choose one of these six categories that best fits your artwork
New This Year!
HONORING ALL RETURNING ARTISTS:
If your art has been accepted by An Artists’ Christmas any year in the past, you are accepted into Camp Fire’s 2020 An Artists’ Christmas juried art show. All requirements of categories, deadline dates, eligibility, and size as described in this Call For Art must be met. Submission of a new or recent work of art is preferred and appreciated.
Lagniappe means “small gift”. We are inviting this year’s accepted artists to submit an additional small work of art no larger than 12” x 12” (12”x 12”x 12” if 3D), including mat, frame and/or stand. This category will also be juried. If accepted into An Artists’ Christmas in a category above, the deadline for submission is September 4. The Lagniappe Award is $100.
2020 IMPORTANT DATES
• Artists’ submission deadline: August 5
• New artists’ acceptance notification: August 28
• Delivery of accepted work: August 31 – September 11
• Artists’ Awards Announcement/Reception: To be announced
• Gala and Art Auction: Friday, November 13, 6-11 p.m.
SELECTED ARTISTS’ BENEFITS
• More than $10,000 in cash awards including:
• Best of Show $1,500
• First Place $1,000, and
• Second Place $500 in each category.
• Two (2) complimentary tickets to the gala ($550 value)
• Recognition at An Artists’ Christmas Art Auction and Gala and Artists’ Reception.
• Recognition in the event catalog, on the event invitation and on the Camp Fire website
• Artists will be tagged on Camp Fire’s website and social media as part of online bidding, the art preview, art exhibition and gala.
• Only original artwork conceived and created by the entrant will be considered.
• Camp Fire reserves the right to return material that is not representative of its mission to serve youth, or that is unsuitable for exhibition and auction. We do not accept artwork that includes nudity, violence or subject matter of a sexual nature.
• Original two and three-dimensional works in all traditional and non-traditional media are eligible in the categories listed, except for video.
• Each piece submitted must be limited to no more than 42” horizontally or vertically (in total, including frame) and under 50 pounds. (Except those submitted for the Lagniappe Award.)
• Entries will be judged based on the submitted digital images.
• Exhibit space is limited; the limits on size will be strictly observed.
• All artwork will be evaluated on quality and originality.
• Returning artists will be accepted for the juried show as long as eligibility, size limitations and submission and delivery deadlines are followed.
• New artists will receive notification by August 28 whether their entry has been accepted for the juried show.
Submission of an entry to this exhibition constitutes an agreement by the entrant to the conditions set forth in this document and for the reproduction of the work for all publicity purposes connected with An Artists’ Christmas. Camp Fire reserves the right to install accepted works in any manner deemed necessary for exhibition quality or security reasons.
Camp Fire First Texas assumes ownership of donated artwork until auctioned or sold unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both Camp Fire and the artist.
• To be considered, only digital images of the artwork will be accepted.
• Digital images should be either mailed on a CD or USB drive, or submitted online at CampFireFW.org.
• File must be saved as a high-resolution JPEG (at least 4” wide at 300 dpi).
• Camp Fire is not responsible for the loss, damage, or return of any disks or USB drives submitted.
• Each entry must include an entry form and should be received by August 5, 2020.
• Artists may submit up to three works for consideration.
• Submit your entries at https://campfirefw.wufoo.com/forms/2020-an-artists-christmas-art-submission-form
Questions? Contact Lydia Tovar or call 817.831.2111, ext. 154.
2019 An Artists' Christmas Participating Artists
Since 1984 artists from across our community have generously donated their time and talent in support of Camp Fire's An Artists' Christmas. These individuals are recognized locally and nationally as some of the best in the business. We are honored to work with this gifted group.
Watt Casey Jr.
A. Michelle Fox
Leigh Ann Williams Hickey
Larry and Elaine Klos
Lynn D. LaRose
Connie Logan Levsen
Sharon Summers McClung
Robert S. Nelson
Terry H. Shaw
Katlin E. Smith
Janie Kirk Stidham
Jennifer M. Stufflebeam
Juan Enrique Velázquez
Emily Jane Auld Vick
Questions? Contact Lydia Tovar or call 817.831.2111, ext. 154.