A comprehensive master plan for Camp El Tesoro, completed by Dunaway Associates, has been developed to preserve the site and enhance the programs that will allow Camp Fire First Texas to continue providing meaningful experiences at the camp for generations to come. Camp El Tesoro has maintained the facilities throughout the years, but no major renovations have been made to the cabins and program areas since the 1940s.
Renovations and new facilities, estimated at a cost of just over $10.3 million, will be implemented in phases. Construction will be limited to the fall, winter and spring seasons so as to allow normal summer camp operations during the renovations.
• New Centerpiece of Camp: Dining Hall, Health House,
3-acre Lake and Roadway
• New Equestrian Center
• Renovation of old Main Lodge into Nature & Welcome Center
• Updating of entrance, parking, bridge and staging areas
• Two new cabin units to house 1st through 5th grade campers
• Challenge Course
• New Discovery and Horizon Cabins
• CIT Lodge Renovations
• Live Oak Unit renovation for future day camp use
• Arts Unit renovation (former Cedar Unit)
• Maintenance and infrastructure upgrades
• Program area upgrades and trail construction
• Staff residences, renovation and construction